I noticed that I haven’t finished this challenge, so I’m continuing! ^^’
1. My name means “Moonlight” in Persian, “Large Eyes” in Arabic, and “My/Our Moon” in Urdu. My uncles and aunts, however, call me by my nickname.
2. Ethnically Pakistani and Australian by citizenship. I have never lived in Pakistan, but I visit the country every year. I moved to Nigeria (yes, I have lived in Africa) a few weeks after I was born in Pak. and then moved to Sydney, Australia when I was 2. Lived there for 7 and 1/2 years and then moved to Saudi Arabia (where I lost my Aussie accent =P). This is what we refer to as a Third-Culture Kid (TCK).
3. I am an Aquarian. However, I do not believe in astrology.
4. I ♥ food. Desi/Pakistani, Japanese, Italian, Mexican, French…every cuisine! I also have a sweet tooth, which means I love anything with sugar, such as cupcakes and chocolate. Mangos are my favorite fruit and cauliflowers and mushrooms are my favorite vegetables.
5. I like way too many things and have way too many interests. For example, if I had superpowers I would have been a doctor (this was my No.1 career choice until I changed my mind about it in 12th grade), interior designer, fashion designer, architect, writer, and a computer engineer while doing business =P Also, I enjoy learning about different cultures and have an interest in science (particularly astronomy), history, psychology and philosophy.
6. I like to learn something new everyday, especially things dealing with photography and arts and crafts, such as origami and scrap-booking. Experimenting with food is also considered a learning experience for me, though I have a lot to learn.
7. Wish I could master the art of makeup and hairstyles.
8. I LOVE Japanese and Korean dramas. My love for East Asian entertainment and culture is the reason my friends and I were responsible for the creation of the East Asian Cultural Club, which later led to the establishment of the Korean Cultural Club, Japanese Cultural Club, and Chinese Cultural Club, in my undergrad. university.
9. I’ve been on the Executive Board for a student organization in my undgrad. university. Since I was part of this organization, I also had to dance for a performance in front of an audience of 1000+ people. Dancing is something that I had never considered doing in my life…EVER!
10. I was a member of Model United Nations in high school and represented the People’s Republic of China at a conference in Berlin, Germany. I had an interest in debating, politics, and international relations back then.
11. Although I have seen many countries, I still wish to see other places in this world like Japan, South Korea, all the cities in Italy, or any exotic place such as a tropical island. I wouldn’t mind traveling to Europe again. I want to take a trip to the moon as well =P Speaking of traveling, I’m usually the one responsible in the family for researching all the sights to see in a city and helping my dad choose which hotels we should stay at. I actually enjoy doing this task! ^^
12. I’ve always found acting, in terms of entertainment, quite interesting. People have told me that I’m quite good at it. If I ever had the opportunity, I would have love to have been in a sci-fi/fantasy movie with a strong message that relates to the real world, kind of like a role-playing video game such as the Final Fantasy series, where everyone works in a group and has a mission to accomplish. I like working in groups.
13. I hold Islam very close to me. It is a way of life. My goal is to be a better Muslim, inshAllah.
14. Sometimes I like being independent, but I do not like loneliness.
15. People often see me as energetic due to my petite height and “bubbly” personality. I am, but I lose a lot of energy after a while when I’m in a work-a-holic state.
16. I’m passionate about being creative and unique.
17. I LOVE my family and friends and I am thankful to Allah for whatever I have. Also, just because I smile, doesn’t mean that my life is perfect. I have simply learned to appreciate what I have =)
18. Treating people from all walks of life equally is what I like doing and what I encourage everyone to do.
19. I’ve been blogging since I was 13/14, but stopped when I was 18. I never imagined that I would go back to blogging again.
20. I like to type/write a lot =P