This is for all the Kris fans that visit my blog, regardless of whether they leave comments or not (why didn’t I just make a blog that has posts related to him? =P Just kidding! I actually have a lot of other interests to talk about as well as commitments with my own close ones xD).
A word of caution, if you read this, you may like Kris even more than you do now. =P I have added my own thoughts about this towards the end under the section “My Thoughts.”
All credit for the info. in the following post goes to these sources: ooz_4@exo baidu bar; love-exo.tumblr.com. I would also like to give credit to shinebrightsparkling.tumblr.com for sharing this post.
[INFO] What Kris’ Chinese middle school basketball team coach said about Kris
Above: The basketball court at Kris’ old middle school in China
(Note: Kris has lived in Canada since he was little, came back to China for 1 year and attended Guangzhou No.7 Middle School for 8th grade, and then went back to Canada)
- Kris played basketball pretty well (this is considered a very high remark from this particular school’s basketball coach)
- When Kris came back to Guangzhou No. 7 Middle School to study, he also trained for and practiced basketball at the sports department.
- Kris was the basketball team captain, his position was front line. The coach originally wanted him to play the point guard, since this is the most crucial position and many team captains are also team point guards, we don’t know why Kris didn’t take that position.
- When Kris was about to graduate from 8th grade, all the teachers wanted to keep him so he can continue to lead the school basketball team. But because of his language grades (after all, he only stayed in China for 1 year), the school didn’t keep him (imagine that if he stayed… we wouldn’t have Kris to lead EXO-M today! T.T). Anyways, his departure lead to the disbandment of the entire school basketball team!!! This demonstrates how valuable Kris was to the team with his superb basketball skills.
- Kris’ mother really loves him. Kris also had very good manners and etiquette. Every time the team traveled to Beijing to compete, Kris’ mother would come along and recorded the entire thing.
- Kris was a very obedient kid~ He was also very innocent/naive
(SOURCE: ooz_4@exo baidu bar; love-exo)
The school’s name is 广州市第七中学.
Next up we have Chanyeol‘s lovely words about Kris:
[INFO] EXO-K’s “The Star Interview” (11/05/12)
EXO-K Chanyeol: Kris “a true, suave man even to the eyes of other men.” EXO-M Leader Kris is a “mom’s-friends-son,” who is fluent in the 4 languages of Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese and English. With a gentle demeanor that one can notice right away, and his calm, masculine voice that ties in with his leader-charisma, he is easily capturing female hearts.
Recently, Kris had left a message for Chanyeol through an interview with the Chinese media, asking “Are you doing well?” and as a response, Chanyeol left a warm reply for him. “Unlike Kris-hyung’s worries, I’m going well. Hyung had taken good care of me, and being apart for nearly a month due to promotions, it makes me want to see you so so much and to quickly practice together again.”
The more I read about Kris on the Internet…this is what happens:
While Kris is:
- I should have played basketball to grow taller and I should have listened to my parents when they told me to take that sport. I thought about it, but after I got hit right on my nose with a basketball in my P.E. class, I decided not to. =P
- I am impressed that Kris has very good manners and etiquette. I want him to teach this to other guys.
- Him mum sounds cute ^^ Hello Aunty Wu! *waves*
- I take back my last comment about Kris being disobedient. =P It was a joke as he himself stated he was the most disobedient member in EXO-M. Of course, he did this out of a warm heart as he believes that all of his members are obedient.
- Innocent/naive – finally there is a guy like this that exists! *cries* Of course there are others, but they are rare!
- I am wondering if Kris was still in Guangzhou in early 2006 when I went there for a school trip (including cities such as Beijing).
- I really want to know the inspirational and self-improvement books that he reads. I’m sure these have been super handy. I always see books on “how to be a leader,” “how to be persuasive,” and, “how to win the hearts of people,” at the book store. xD Kris, please share! ^^
Additionally, Kris‘ friend in Canada also shared some lovely details:
[INFO] A Message from Kris’ Friend in Canada (31/05/2012)
This was originally from a person on Baidu who said he was Kris’s friend in Canada.
It was then summarized by Maypa_Krisus on Weibo.
Here’s a rough translation of it:
- His friend was pretty surprised when he found out that Kris debuted in EXO. When he looked at some of the fan taken pictures, he noticed that Kris was still carrying the same bag that he had a couple of years ago in Canada.
- The first time his friend saw Kris, his hair was very long and it looked like he dyed it blond (or yellow). It is a lot lighter than it is right now. He has a cheerful personality, very easy to get along.
- He is very handsome, his personality is super good, therefore his friend remembers this very well, even though it has been a long time.
- They played basketball a few times and Kris was pretty good.
- Kris looks even skinnier now than before probably because of stress.
- Kris was very generous toward his friends and he always treated them to food after playing basketball.
- His friends always teased Kris, but he never got mad.
- A lot of people say Kris doesn’t dance well but this friend disagrees. Even though his friend doesn’t know how to dance, he thinks that Kris dances pretty well. Kris had dance classes with him and other friends, and they all called him Kevin at that time.
- His friend only knows this much about Kris, because they weren’t that close. He only recognized Kris’s black bag because Kris had carried it the several times the friend saw him, but he thinks that Kris like the color black.
(SOURCE: tieba.baidu.com, cr: exoexodeeeer, via: jaz@ EXO Philippines)
- Kris seems like a mystery amongst his friends too. o.O I mean, if we had heard about anyone joining the entertainment industry, or becoming recognized for some cause, or getting an internship at the White House, then my ENTIRE high school or university would have been talking about it. =P However, with Kris, it seems different. I wonder if he had informed any of his friends that he would be joining SME. Maybe people have a hard time recognizing Kris ’cause he used the name Kevin back then? o.O
- Kris‘ hair was long and blonde? Hahahaha, why am I imagining the Photoshopped picture of Kris as Kristina? xD
- Ahhh, stress can indeed make you lose weight. >_< I think many of us have experienced this before.
- Kris doesn’t mind jokes? Great! We can continue to troll. xD
- Kris went to dance classes back then…cool! I better keep an eye out for the people in my dance class, just in case any one of them ends up joining SME too. =P
- It turns out that I’m not the only one that thinks that Kris likes the color black! I remember mentioning this in my post EXO’s Kris Wu – The “Mysterious” Member back in March 6th, 2012. I don’t even personally know Kris. xD Does that mean I’m psychic? =P
All I can say is, I chose the right person to be a fan of wisely, no matter how much taller he is compared to me. ^^ xD I hope that one day I can also have a photo with him like the one below iA (if my friends can get a pic. of themselves hugging Bollywood Star, Shahrukh Khan, then why can’t I have a similar picture like the one below with Kris? =P)
One day iA. Wait for me… ^_~